FWYO ABSENCES & ATTENDANCE
TO REPORT AN UPCOMING ABSENCE, CLICK BELOW TO
COMPLETE THE FORM:
FWYO ATTENDANCE POLICY
An orchestra is a unique team requiring faithful attendance by every one of its members, and any singular absence has a direct and adverse impact on the quality of preparation and performance of the ensemble as a whole. Please check your calendars well in advance and notify the Orchestra Manager if an absence must occur. Abuse of the attendance policy is grounds for the member to be prevented from performing on a certain concert and even dismissed from the orchestra for the remainder of the season, without a tuition refund. Please abide by the following policies:
1. Attendance at ALL rehearsals and concerts is mandatory.
2. Of course, unexpected illnesses or familial requirements will arise. Multiple absences will likely result in ineligibility to perform in the upcoming concert, and repeated offenses may result in dismissal from the ensemble.
3. Each absence situation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the FWYO Music Director and/or your specific ensemble conductor, to determine if an absence is excused, and to determine what action will be taken.
4. To report an upcoming absence, please complete the online absence notification form (which can be accessed by clicking the button on the left side of this page) or email the Orchestra Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. TARDINESS: Arriving late or leaving early from a rehearsal or performance can be just as detrimental to the ensemble's preparation as an absence. Two tardies equal one unexcused absence, and will be taken into consideration with regards to performance eligibility. Being late to your seat after break or leaving rehearsal early counts equally to a late arrival at the beginning of rehearsal.